Sunday, May 1, 2011

Back in Ye Old London Town

Hello hello!

If the title of the blog post was not clear enough, I am back in London. I got back on April 29th around 3:00 PM. By then the Royal Wedding was over (sorry, folks) but the aftermath was still very much around. Mumsie darling and I had to walk down to The Strand to pick up an adapter that the parents left at their hotel before we left for Rome and we decided to take the past-Buckingham-Palace route. There was trash and people everywhere. EVERYWHERE. St. James Park was an absolute mess.


See? It is a mess. A super mess. I do not envy the people who have to clean this up.

This is all the people who were around Buckingham Palace at 3 in the afternoon. It was a lot of people. Some of them were drunk. Many of them were wearing very silly clothing and accessories. It was kind of awesome but mostly crowded.

SO MANY PEOPLE. It's like a flipping parade.

See? It even included folks in fancy hats riding fancy horses. Oh the glamour.

So, anyways, I am going to try very hard to update with all of the stuff from my travels but I am also going to be revising a lot for my exams because I'm pretty sure that they are going to kill me. Oh dear. O.o

Before I go, I will share something that I learned about myself on the first leg of my journeying. While riding on the train Kun-Wei turned to me and said, "Do you know you have a line on your face?" My first thought, logically, was how did I manage to draw a line on my face and how long ago must that have been because I have not held a pen for at least several hours. That is not what she meant.

This is what she meant.


Five moles or freckles or something trace a line roughly along my cheekbone. Weirdness.

There may or may not have been more self-discovery on these travels [spoiler: There was! Sort of...I feel like it's hard to travel that long without any] but that will have to come later.

Much love and cheers!

1 comment:

  1. It's on the side of my face that is usually covered with hair. BUT IT IS SO WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete