Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A post in which I brag shamelessly about my life...sorry

So, Sunday I was chilling in my room, not doing much of anything important (does reading for class count as important? I'm still using the "foreign country excuse" to get out of it...) when I thought to myself, "hmmm...it is a lovely day, I think I'm going to go out and enjoy it." And you know what? I did. The skies were clear, or rather as clear as they get here, and the temperature was that perfect crispness that nips a bit at your cheeks but can't get past a peacoat and jeans. I decided to check out St. James's Park. I mean, I walk past it every day and yet I hadn't walked through it yet. Which, now that I've been, is completely absurd. So, without further ado, let the shameless pictorial bragging commence!


To add words to what clearly does not need them, this is about a ten minute walk from my flat. Maybe fifteen. The point remains, I'm so freaking lucky. The walk is past Buckingham Palace.



This picture was taken on this lovely little blue bridge in the park:


This is the other direction from the bridge that I was standing upon. In case you cannot tell, that is Buckingham Palace. I know this blog post (and previous ones probably) make it sound like I'm obsessed with Buckingham Palace...but it's so pretttttttttty!


Closer view of...well...you can probably figure it out:


After enjoying the park for a while I decided to pop across the road to Green Park. Which then led me to Piccadilly. Which led me to the posh shopping area. With lots of posh stores. I walked up and down Regent Street for a while and looked in an Anthropologie and Gap and passed a Burberry because I couldn't stand to see the prices on all those pretty clothes. :) This next picture is for you, dad:


Are you all jealous? Because that was absolutely my intent. If this post was not enough to elicit jealousy, please let me know so that I can put together more obnoxious posts! Aw, screw it, I'm totally going to do that anyways.

I should mention that in addition to surrounded-by-awesome, I have also been rather ill as of late. I had a super stuffed-up nose for a while which has apparently been transferred to my throat. Which is really unfortunate. Because it means that I have been coughing. Up. A. STORM. Which makes class a little awkward.

But the fact remains that I am currently in London and it's awesome. Screw you, cold virus, you can't stop me! If anything, you are just going to give me abs of steel! Which I will then use...to...defeat the cold virus...forever? Ok, that threat was not well-thought out but the damn cold virus had best be shaking in it's metaphorical boots because I am coming for it! And by "I" I mean, well, my immune system is coming for you! And lots of fluids! So I hope you know how to swim. Not...

Oh god, I clearly need to get some sleep. I'm going to go do that, so, until next time...

Much love and cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment