Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy (Belated) Chinese New Year!

Today London celebrated the Chinese New Year at Trafalgar Square and it was awesome! There were an insane number of people milling about and food stalls and firecrackers making sounds and bright colors and lanterns strung up everywhere. I met up with Steven, Meredith and some other people, which was a rather extraordinary feat. We then headed into Chinatown and walked...errrrrrrr...struggled through crowds...for a bit. Between the occasional morning tube ride and wandering through Chinatown today, I am well qualified to be a canned sardine. Which, in today's job market, may be a decent life skill. Without further ado, here is an excessive amount of lantern pictures. I REALLY liked the lanterns.



The next two pictures is of a dancing dragon! It showed up outside a restaurant that we were trying to get into and it was so cool. The dance looked exhausting. All the colors were gorgeous. I love bright colors. This was a good place to be for a bright color enthusiast.


After a delicious meal of Honey and Lemon Chicken Fillet and Green Tea bubble tea, we headed back toward Trafalgar and ran into this silver lady. She was not the stillest statue person I've ever seen, but dammit she was the classiest. Also, the lack of complete stillness gave me hope that this could be another career option. If doctor or professional sardine doesn't work, I could be a statue person with a lovely parasol.

In illness watch news, I think I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow. The cough sucks, but it's not as bad as the pre-pubescent boy voice that has replaced man voice. Don't get me wrong, pre-pubescent boy voice is hilarious, but I think I'm ready for it to be gone. And for the coughing to be gone. However, being sick has finally prompted me to do something that I should have done a long time ago. Namely, purchase tea. I finally got myself a mug a few days ago but I never got around to getting tea. Which is silly. Very silly. So, I bought a box of Earl Grey tea! Yum! I was watching an episode of Doctor Who that featured so I was inspired to sketch out just how miraculous Earl Grey tea is. Seriously.


The tea made me feel much better and I'm sure the doctor will do the same. Even if it's not, you know, the Doctor.

Much love and cheers!

2 comments:

  1. So so SO looking forward to the day when I can introduce myself with "Hello, I'm the Doctor".
    Feel better soon, m'dear!


    PS: It took living in LONDON to turn you on to boba? For shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hoping you are well soon and yay for tea!

    ReplyDelete