Thursday, March 3, 2011

Friday and Sunday

Hello hello.

I've been terrible about updating this week. My bad.

After class on Friday, Kun-Wei and I decided to go to Camden Market and then Regent Park. At first, we walked up to Camden from UCL. At first we passed this spot with a big sign saying "CAMDEN MARKET." We were kind of disappointed. There were quite a few clothes stalls bunched into a pretty small space which were cool but a bit of a letdown from what we had been expecting. Upon walking a little further up the street we found a far larger market place with a lot more incredible stuff. We wandered around food stalls, clothing stalls, jewelry stalls, trinket stalls, etc. We found the Stable Market and looked around a bit. There were more bronze statues of horses than I've ever seen in my life. The Market is very proud of the fact that it was once a stable. Most of the statues were really cool. The GIANT horse head that we passed was a little creepy...but still. Horses. :)

Kun-Wei spotted stand with some jewelry that she thought I might like. She was quite right. :D I got three pairs of earrings for £5. I really like them.

From Camden Market we went to Regent Park. Regent Park is BEAUTIFUL. Seriously beautiful. I love all the green spaces in London.





After Regent Park we went to the British Library. The British Library is AMAZING. Seriously. Amazing. Oh. My. God. The two following pictures were taken of the front of the library, pictures weren't allowed in the exhibits. But we saw the Magna Carta, handwritten lyrics of the Beatles, Jane Austen's writing desk and a handwritten manuscript for one of her novels (I think it's "Mansfield Park" but I'm blanking, sorry), and a bunch of other incredible stuff. Museums are amazing. Libraries are also amazing. Museums and libraries together are AN EXPLOSION OF AMAZING.


On Sunday, Kun-Wei and I went to Kensington Gardens. We were wandered around for a while but then it started raining so we went to the Science Museum and looked at the Psychoanalysis and History of Medicine Exhibits.

Since then, I went to Club Neon on Tuesday. As much as clubbing isn't my thing, dancing with friends is always fun. This Club Neon was a bit creepier than the last one but I suppose it's all part of the experience. We had tutorials for Developmental Neurobiology and Cellular Physiology on Monday and Wednesday respectively. Tomorrow is my last Cell Phys practical! Yay! I'm just not exactly looking forward to the write-up. Oh well. It'll be done. This Saturday I'm doing the Give It a Go trip to Canterbury (through UCL) with a bunch of people. I'm REALLY looking forward to that. :)

That's all for now, much love and cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment