Friday, June 17, 2011

Last morning in London...

Ok guys, so, I have a confession to make. I have been doing a TERRIBLE job of keeping this updated. Did you notice? Yes? Oh dear, well, I was rather obvious about it wasn't I...

I'm sorry. I really and truly am. I wanted to keep on top of things but it turns out that writing posts that include everything that I want to include is a little exhausting and a lot time consuming. That being said, I go home to Minnesota today where I will probably have a good deal more time to post. The past couple of weeks have been a crazy blur. I went to Bath, Stonehenge, Hampton Court, Down House, Edinburgh, my last Skeptic's in the Pub (SO SAD BUT AWESOME) and just generally kept myself busy trying to experience as much as possible in a very short amount of time.

I have to admit, right now I am feeling around a bajillion emotions at once (ha ha, I'm sorry, I'm a little sleep deprived and numerical accuracy is...well...it's a titch deficient at the moment). I'm so so SO excited to see my friends and family. I miss you all terribly! However, the reality of leaving London REALLY hit me yesterday. I am going to miss this place so much, I can barely put it into words. Seriously, London has felt...right...in a way that other locations that I've lived at/visited haven't quite achieved. Except for the whole not having all my friends back home and my family around/easy to contact. That part was not so fun. But London itself and England made me extremely happy and comfortable in a way that I was not quite expecting. I feel a bit silly writing it but I felt like I sort of clicked with this country. I mean, study abroad was certainly not a perfect experience but there's just this pervasive charm about England and I like how easy it is to get around to interesting places. Seriously, there is so much that I have yet to see or want desperately to see more of. However, if I stay in the UK then I will be overstaying my student visitor pass and I really am excited to see home. It just sucks that I have to leave this place to do that.

Ha ha, I'm thinking this makes very little sense.

Oh well, I'm trying to remember that this won't be the last time I'm in the UK and maybe it won't even be the last time that I'm in the UK for a significant period of time. Who knows what the future holds...I sure as hell don't.

Anyways, I'll have more proper updates once I've recovered a bit from jetlag! By the end of this summer I think I will have wrapped up all my study abroad content (cross my fingers). I wish that it could be a bit more immediate but oh well. Seeing this stuff super after the fact is still cool....right? Besides, keeping this blog going with European updates will hopefully ease the transition back into life in the states...maybe.

Much love and cheers! In less than 24 hours I will be in Minnesota. Hopefully asleep in my super cozy bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment